History of the Museum Project
1930s-1960s - Cranberry's first museum was run by Caribou Bill Anger
1978 - Cranberry Portage Homecoming Celebrations:
- Historical Display was held in the Bayview Theatre
- Book: ‘Cranberry Portage, Pictorial History’ was published
Photographs and documents were loaned or donated to Cranberry at that time. If at all possible, material on loan was copied. These donations and copies were held in trust for the community.
2001 - Cranberry Portage Heritage Museum
- The Museum was established under the jurisdiction of a Collection Manager who was responsible to the L.U.D. of Cranberry Portage.
2003 - Cranberry Portage Homecoming Celebrations:
- The Museum hosted the Historical Display that was held in the Cranberry Portage Elementary School.
- 2000+ photographs were on display.
- 300+ documents were on display.
- 89 family or individual history booklets were prepared that represented the history of 121 people.
- Artifact Display – most of the artifacts were on loan but post homecoming some were donated and these became the property of the Museum.
2004 April – Board of Trustees [Executive]
The Museum came under the direction of the newly appointed Executive.
- May 19, 2004 Constitution (see MUSEUM, constitution & bylaws)
- May 19, 2004 Bylaws (see MUSEUM, constitution & bylaws)
- May 19, 2004 Collection Policy Statement (see MUSEUM, policies)
- November 12, 2004 Articles of Incorporation
- Cranberry Portage Heritage Museum Corp.
- January 6, 2005 Registered Charity status.
- January 13, 2006 Donor Recognition Policy (see MUSEUM, policies)
2005 Building Committee (see BUILDING, building acquisition)
Established negotiations for a building to house the Archival Collection and Artifacts.
2004, 2005, 2006 - Fund Raising Events (on-going)
2006 Archival Collection (on-going)
[See Archival Collection]